Resources from this Episode
- The Grovestead— Writings and workshops from the Groves family
- The Grovestead Newsletter—A real, tangible, print quarterly newsletter
- Durable Trades: Family-Centered Economies That Have Stood the Test of Time by Rory Groves
- The Collapse of Complex Societies by Joseph A. Tainter
- Front Porch Republic Books Store
- Gather & Grow Ministries
- Women: Creators of Compounding Infinite Value
Building a Family-Centered Lifestyle
I was thrilled for the opportunity to sit down with Rory Groves, author of Durable Trades: Family-Centered Economies That Have Stood the Test of Time to hear his story and learn about his transition out of the corporate tech world to farm life. Grove’s book was an instrumental read in helping me discover a new vision for my family, and I think his insight and wisdom will inspire you to do the same.
The topic of family-centered economies is extremely broad, and it touches on a lot of different aspects: economics, relationships, decentralization, community, society, and more. One thing that is very clear through our conversation is that a family centered economy enables a family to be more present and engaged with each other. If you are looking for a fuller, richer experience of life and more engagement with your family, this episode is for you.